DRC | RUN Team
What is the Run Team?
A community that is accessible, inspires, supports, motivates, connects, and fosters a team atmosphere. Our goal is to provide a running environment that empowers athletes through a supportive network, and a holistic approach to training. We want to be a part of a team that is invested in our community and each other!
The Run Team will span the entire calendar and incorporate distances from 5K to ultras! Don’t worry we still love Grandma’s Marathon, and the Marathon Training Group is now part of the DRC | Run Team.
Coaches & Training
The DRC | Run Team has 4 qualified coaches including UESCA certified running and ultrarunning coaches. You will have access to multiple training plans, running resources, and weekly “office hours.” We have partnered with Superior Running Medicine‘s Cristina Nistler, MS, ATC to provide athletic training and strength & mobility resources.
Build Our Running Community
This Team is something different than anything else in the Twin Ports region and is not another online training plan. On this Team you will take part in specialized workouts as well as find new friends and running buddies!
Group Run Schedule
**We will not hold group runs when temps are <0F (with wind factor) and recommend all runners familiarize themselves with cold weather exercise guidelines. This is a health and safety issue. HERE is a great article to explain and provide guidelines and advice for cold weather running.
Run Team Benefits:
- Training program/plan with free access to Training Peaks
- Access to certified running coaches & running resources
- Group runs organized by team leads & coaches that focus on workouts and running for fun!
- 10% discount to Duluth Running Co. in-store and online + rewards.
- A custom DRC singlet or shirt ($50 value)
- Access to exclusive Team DRC Facebook page
- Invite only Strava club
- Exclusive discounts on DRC events
- Guaranteed entry into the Garry Bjorklund Half-Marathon (limited to first 50 members)
- Free entry to Trail Troupe (our summer and fall trail running group- $30 value)
- Social activities including volunteering, social runs, and team get togethers.
- Superior Running Medicine free movement screen + corrective exercise prescription
- Superior Running Medicine free Healthy Runner treatment coupon
- Lightspeed Lift Movement Center training opportunities and discounts
Membership Fee Schedule: (Calendar year 2023 & includes 2 training programs)
- Annual membership fee before March 1st: $140.00
- Annual membership fee after February 28th: $170.00
Training Peaks Account
To advance our ability to create and manage multiple training programs across multiple distances we have invested in Training Peaks, an online endurance training platform, to optimize your training and our ability to communicate programs and information.
Train With People Like You!
“I ran with the DRC group last year while training for my first marathon and had an awesome experience! The coaches were really knowledgeable, and I appreciated getting a training plan and having supported long runs! I met so many great people and got plugged into the awesome running community here in Duluth. Can’t say enough good things!”
“Duluth Running Co. has helped me to prepare and feel confident for running my first half marathon. I’ve learned a lot about running—which has helped me improve… I’m beyond grateful for the new friends I’ve made since joining Duluth Running Co… I’ve enjoyed it so much that I’m already planning to return next year…”
“I’m not an overly talkative runner and usually use my running time to think about my day and shed some of the stress and responsibility of my life outside of running. But having the community of a running group was essential to my training. On those long group runs I like to imagine we are connected by an invisible web of ropes, pulling and pushing each other along, up and down the hills and over the finish line.”
Starts July 2023 – Look for registration this spring!
The Troupe hits the trails again in July 2023! This non-competitive group focuses on exploring the trails around the Duluth area and encompasses all terrains, from single track trails, mountain bike trails, and ski trails. We welcome all abilities and experience levels.
What you can expect:
- A marked course from beginning to end
- Info and advice from certified running coaches
- Weekly email updates with course maps
- Full calendar of runs and distances