Trail Troupe 218
Wednesdays at 5:30pm
July 7th-August 25th
Our super fun trail running group returns in 2021! This non-competitive group focuses on exploring different trails around the Duluth area and experiencing all terrains from single track hiking trails, mountain bike trails, and ski trails. We welcome all abilities and experience levels with trail running.
What you can expect:
- A marked course from beginning to end
- Coaching and advice for new trail runners
- Weekly email updates with course map
- Full calendar of runs and distances
Trail Troupe Run Locations and Distances:
**Note: Distances are approximate.
- July 7th: Hartley-4 miles
- July 14th: Chester-3 miles
- July 21st: Brewer’s Park-3 miles
- July 28th: Chamber’s Grove-6 miles
- August 4th: Upper Lester/Hawk Ridge-5 miles
- August 11th: Spirit Mountain-4 miles
- August 18th: Ely’s Peak-Distance TBD
- August 25th: Lester-6 miles
All participants receive a commemorative Trail Troupe Hat!
women’s 10 mile training group
Start Date: August 10th 2021
Meeting Times: Tuesday and Thursdays at 6:15am
We are excited to announce our new Womens Training Group! This group is training specifically for the Bridging the Gap Women’s 10 Mile on October 2nd, or the Medtronic Twin Cities 10 Mile on October 2nd. The group runs for 8 weeks, meeting Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings.
Why a Women only group?
After launching the Bridging the Gap 10 Mile, we thought it would be great to create a training group to work specifically towards this race. However, we also realized there is a void when it comes to education specifically related to women and running. So we built this group not only as a training program to prepare you for a 10 mile run, but also packed it full of education specifically catered towards women!
Some of these topics include:
- Female specific strength training
- Education related to running after having kids
- Women’s Nutrition needs-yes, this can look different for men vs. women!
- Running and your cycle
- Training T-Shirt
- A full 8 week long training program
- In-store discounts for Duluth Running Co.
Registration opens July 1st!
spring marathon and half marathon training group
About our Group:
The Duluth Running Company Spring Marathon and Half Marathon Training Group is designed to help runners train for either Grandma’s Marathon or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon in June. It attracts over 100 participants of all abilities from the Twin Ports area, and is a great opportunity to not only prepare you for your Spring Races, but also meet new people!
Get Expert Coaching
Alisha will guide you through a 22-week training program. You’ll follow a training plan, gain advice, receive loads of information, and get to take advantage of a large, fun group to train with. Alisha has been training endurance athletes in different settings for more than 5 years, and has lead the Marathon Training Group for 3 years.
Experience Real Benefits
Our training group delivers benefits that are unique to the Twin Ports region and are different from what you’d get from an online training program. In our group you’ll develop training partners, participate in specialized workouts, and benefit from staffed aid stations on our long runs.
Here are some of the other group benefits:
- 22-week training plan
- 10% discount in store during the group session plus additional in-store rewards
- Guaranteed entry into the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon
- Training group T-shirt
- 3 group runs per week
- Saturday long runs supported with water and sports drink
- Exclusive opportunities to participate in vendor-led product testing and access to MTG discounts
- Individual coaching and advice upon request
- Advice on strength and cross training
- A fun and encouraging atmosphere
Train With People Like You
The number one question we get is: “Will there be people like me to train with?” And the answer is: Yes!
Our group attracts over 150 participants. Some people start off not being able to run a half-mile in January and by June they are able to run/walk the Bjorklund Half Marathon. Others in our group start fit and just get faster. Whatever your goal is, we will meet you where you are and help you get to where you want to go.
“I started in the 5k group and then worked my way up to training for my first half marathon and first marathon with the running group. I don’t think I would have been able to do it without the support and guidance from Duluth Running Company.”
– Janelle Fresvik
“When I joined my first training group I had NO running experience. The support, guidance and encouragement I received led to me challenging myself in ways that I never thought possible! In addition to falling in love with the sport, I have developed an amazing group of friends and become part of a strong, supportive community.”
– John Thoenne